Hi. I’m Ryan, a computer scientist & mathematician from the New England area.
My professional interests include:
- Programming languages. Designing new ideas in the programming space, whether it be in type theory land or programmer tooling.
- Compilers. The implementation and optimization of said programming languages.
- Backend development. Essentially anything that processes data and requires performance.
As for my nonprofessional interests:
- Programming. What can I say, I like to program things of dubious usefulness.
- Reading. Fiction, philosophy, math, or whatever. Although I need to get back into reading more.
- Games. Playing video games, because they’re fun… sometimes.
- Art. I like to sketch traditionally and paint digitally.
- Coffee. Currently learning how to brew coffee. I only have an aeropress, but looking into pourovers.
- Cats. I have a cat named Onyx/Oni, obviously the best cat ever.
- Cars. I’m a middle-tier car enthusiast: I love cars but don’t know what I’m doing.
- Keyboards. Building keyboards is fun, especially nontraditional layouts.
Contact me if you want to talk about anything, or search the site.